The continental climate of New York City means that we suffer from extremely hot summers and bitterly cold winters. With an average temperature in January just barely above freezing, and summer temperatures routinely in the mid 90´s, businesses obviously have a hard time keeping their doors open (literally) to customers passing by. Studies have shown, however, that open doors lead to increased sales. When customers can see inside the store, there is a greater opportunity to get them into the store and in front of the merchandise or services you are trying to market.
Leaving the front doors to your business open during 100 degree summer days or below zero winter evenings, however, will tend to drastically increase the heating and cooling bills for your business. A recent report released by the U.S. Department of Energy found that over 40 percent of all energy costs for the average commercial building are spent on ventilation, heating, and cooling. In terms overall building costs, the heating and cooling bills for your business might be upwards of 7.5 percent of your total business costs.
For businesses that want to attract casual customers through an open-door policy, but who also want to reduce their monthly utility costs, investing in an air door or air curtain is a straightforward strategy to help you get the best of both worlds. Air Door Distributors is a leading company providing a wide range of air doors and air curtains to businesses throughout the New York City area.
What is an Air Door?
Air doors or air curtains are installed over doors and other primary entrance points to businesses. These devices create a solid, controlled stream of conditioned air across an opening in the door threshold. The downward air flow produces a natural barrier that improves the energy efficiency and thermal performance of a building. Air curtains essentially allow business owners to leave their doors of their business open to the public, without compromising the energy efficiency of the building.
The stream of conditioned air acts as an insulating barrier against the outside climate, not allowing heat transfer to occur between the external and internal climates. Furthermore, air doors also provide a seal against dust, other air contaminants, insects and other pests, and even noise pollution that is common for businesses located in urban areas.
Why Businesses in New York City Need an Air Door
Businesses located in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, or Staten Island would do well to install an air curtain provided by Air Door Distributors for a number of reasons which we will detail below:
- Noise Pollution: A recent study on noise pollution in New York City found that “midtown traffic noise is around 70 to 85 dB's (decibels) on any given day.” Long-term exposure to noise that reaches a decibel level of 85 has the ability to cause permanent damage to the hair cells in the inner ear. If you have a business located near a busy intersection, your regular employees may suffer from an increased risk to their hearing. Air Door Distributors offers a wide range of quiet air curtains, including the Mars Quiet Pro Series. These air curtains operate at a noise level much lower than an average conversation while also providing a sound barrier to traffic and other exterior noises.
- Pollution Protection: Another benefit of the air curtains provided by Air Door Distributors is that they provide protection against pollution and other air contaminants. New York City and its boroughs suffer from high levels of ground level ozone and fine particulate matter pollution. Even the New York City municipal government recognizes that “air pollution remains a leading environmental health threat to all New Yorkers. Those most at risk include older adults, children and people with preexisting health conditions.” Air curtains can protect the indoor air quality of your business. This is important not only to provide your customers with a healthy and pleasant experience, but also to safeguard the health of your workforce.
- Protection from Insects and other Pests: There are over 27,000 restaurants in the New York City metropolitan area. In 2017, over 1,000 of these restaurants were closed to unsanitary conditions. Restaurant owners and other businesses in the food service industry would do well to install an air curtain to protect their business from unwanted pest problems. The stream of air provided by air curtains can provide a shield that discourages both flying and crawling insects from entering the business.
- Energy Savings: Lastly, but perhaps most importantly, the diverse air curtain products we offer can help New York City business owners enjoy major energy savings. Small, mid, and large commercial buildings in New York City are responsible for almost 40% of the city´s greenhouse gas emissions. Much of those emissions are due to the heating and cooling loads of the buildings. Air curtain installation can drastically improve the thermal performance of any commercial or residential building while also leading to monthly utility savings.
Why Choose Air Door Distributors?
Air Door Distributors carries a huge inventory of different types and styles of air curtain products. We have over 20 years of experience in the industry and exclusively market Mars brand Air Doors and Berner brand Air Doors, two of the leading manufacturers in the industry. We can help your business find the best air curtain for your specific needs, and has provided air curtains to restaurants, cold storage facilities, commercial kitchens, fast food restaurants, cafeterias, supermarkets, food processing plants, distribution centers, bakeries, warehouses, breweries, and other types of businesses.
We accepts all major credit cards for payment. Our physical offices are located at:
3540 West Sahara Ave., Suite 67
Las Vegas, NV 89102-5816
If you feel that your business is ready to benefit from air door installation, you can contact Air Door Distributors here:
- Office: 866-402-1642
- Fax: 866-266-6213
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org